Lord of the Rings RPG Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bring your friends and game groups and show the community the Lord of the Rings RPG is still active!
I'm sorry to announce that the projects have been abandoned. Feel free to use what's posted.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Writing and collection
System Comparison and a Tiny Site FYI EmptyWed Apr 16, 2014 3:13 am by Eiweing

» The One Ring
System Comparison and a Tiny Site FYI EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 6:58 pm by Pallandir

» Greetings
System Comparison and a Tiny Site FYI EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 10:12 am by Celegorn

» Still Here
System Comparison and a Tiny Site FYI EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 2:59 pm by ThunderChilde

» Conversion - Words of the Wise
System Comparison and a Tiny Site FYI EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 2:45 pm by ThunderChilde

» Writing and collection
System Comparison and a Tiny Site FYI EmptyThu May 17, 2012 10:44 am by Kel

» Template?
System Comparison and a Tiny Site FYI EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 11:08 am by Kel

» Almost through
System Comparison and a Tiny Site FYI EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 9:01 am by Celegorn

» Finally starting!
System Comparison and a Tiny Site FYI EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 7:33 am by Celegorn

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

You are not connected. Please login or register

System Comparison and a Tiny Site FYI

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1System Comparison and a Tiny Site FYI Empty System Comparison and a Tiny Site FYI Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:46 pm

Cryotech

System Comparison:
I realize this site is based on the LoTR RP game published by Decipher, however, has anyone played the MERP system (published by ICE I believe) and if so, what are their thoughts when it comes to comparing the two systems side by side?

Site FYI:
Maybe it's just my eyes, but the light, purple words under the sub-forum topics are unreadable (Topics, Mark all topics read, and Start Watching Forum) and quite painful to look at.

Pallandir

Pallandir

I have looked through MERP and played a little but I seem to enjoy Decipher over it. Maybe its just because I've played Decipher first... I'm not really sure tongue. I also like the way Decipher handles magic over MERP. Have you played?

Cryotech

Hey Pallandir,

Unfortunately no, but I'm thinking about obtaining the books to give it a try. It looks just as fun. Reading the reviews of both systems, it seems they're both pretty comparable to each other with a fan base supporting each side.

I heard that the magic system was drastically different than Decipher's. What's so different about it other than magic can be perilous in MERP?

Celegorn

Celegorn
Admin

Are you saying the words HERE come up purple? They're not supposed to. None of mine do. I'll look into it.

http://www.wix.com/skinnerman02/lord-of-the-rpg-archive

5System Comparison and a Tiny Site FYI Empty Re: System Comparison and a Tiny Site FYI Thu May 05, 2011 12:29 pm

Cryotech

Hi Celegorn,

No, the text in the sub-forums. The best way I can describe it is by providing instructions.

1. Click on a subforum (eg, General Discussion)
2. Towards the bottom of the page and just above the "New Topic" button, you will see the light purple text.

I hope that helps Smile

Celegorn

Celegorn
Admin

K, I see what you're talking about now. I'm currently trying to fix it, but I don't really know CSS. I used a template for this site, with some slight modifications. I'll do some digging though and see what I can manage.

Cryotech

I appreciate that.

If you're willing, I can take a look at your CSS file for you. Just pm your css sheet and I'll see what needs to be changed and I'll resend it to you for testing.

I owned my own computer programming / web design company and I still build sites on the side if that helps any.

Celegorn

Celegorn
Admin

That DOES help, thanks!

Cryotech

K, got it and I'll take a look and see what I can do.

Might take me a couple days due to schedule but I'll get it done Smile

And you're very welcome.

10System Comparison and a Tiny Site FYI Empty Re: System Comparison and a Tiny Site FYI Sat May 07, 2011 8:03 pm

Cryotech

Sent you the modified css file.

If you don't like the changes, please let me know and I'll change it to whatever color you want.

Hope it helps!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum