Lord of the Rings RPG Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bring your friends and game groups and show the community the Lord of the Rings RPG is still active!
I'm sorry to announce that the projects have been abandoned. Feel free to use what's posted.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Writing and collection
Template? EmptyWed Apr 16, 2014 3:13 am by Eiweing

» The One Ring
Template? EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 6:58 pm by Pallandir

» Greetings
Template? EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 10:12 am by Celegorn

» Still Here
Template? EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 2:59 pm by ThunderChilde

» Conversion - Words of the Wise
Template? EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 2:45 pm by ThunderChilde

» Writing and collection
Template? EmptyThu May 17, 2012 10:44 am by Kel

» Template?
Template? EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 11:08 am by Kel

» Almost through
Template? EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 9:01 am by Celegorn

» Finally starting!
Template? EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 7:33 am by Celegorn

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

You are not connected. Please login or register

Template?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Template? Empty Template? Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:00 am

Kel

I haven't reached the post limit to have the right of sending PM! Mad

Do you have some sort of template of the awesome covers you did for your sourcebooks? I'm fond of that "Official Decipher" look with The Lord of the Rings RPG title and the brownish background with the map! Could you share some tips on how to make it?

I'm making a campaign guide for my gaming group and I would like to have a similar cover...

Thanks!

Kel

p.s.: can't wait for your Hobbit Sourcebook!

2Template? Empty Re: Template? Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:27 am

Celegorn

Celegorn
Admin

Wow, I thought I'd replied to this. Sorry I haven't. I used to have a template for Photoshop, but it's buried somewhere on my external HD and I'm not sure where it is or what I labeled it as. However, it's super simple to make. If you have photoshop, grab a sufficiently large picture of the cover and use the erase tool to rid the middle of the picture of the ring. Once that's over, find a picture you like as the cover and drop that onto a layer UNDERNEATH the cover stuff. Save the .psd so you can change the pictures out for various covers. That's all there is to it really. Sorry I didn't reply until now, hope everything is going well!

http://www.wix.com/skinnerman02/lord-of-the-rpg-archive

3Template? Empty Re: Template? Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:48 am

Kel

Sorry for the delay! My work kept me pretty busy.

Thank you for the anwser. Following your advice, I managed to do something for my cover!

Also, I wanted to ask you about the .pdf found in the "Character Utilities" section. There are two great reference sheets: Combat and Skills, Actions, Spells but it seems they have some problems with them... Some little random squares are visible through the text. Do you think it's possible to fix it?

I hope you don't take this the wrong way! Criticizing your work is the last thing I want to do. I'm just an avid fan of the LOTR rpg but with no technical skills!

4Template? Empty Re: Template? Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:44 am

Celegorn

Celegorn
Admin

Unfortunately, there's nothing I can do about those boxes. Those were made by somebody else with an older program. I can, however, remake them to match more closely with the rest of the material. Of course, it won't be for some time. Aside from the massive amounts of punishment my professors having gifted me before I graduate, I still have to finish the supplemental books for this game and the manuals for my Star Wars Saga Edition campaign.

http://www.wix.com/skinnerman02/lord-of-the-rpg-archive

5Template? Empty Re: Template? Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:08 am

Kel

Okay! Thanks for your answer and good luck with School!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum